- 1 Bananaorganic
- 1 Avocado
- 50 mg Frozen Blueberriesorganic
- 100 mg Almond milkhomemade
- 1 tbsp Barley grass powder
- 1 tbsp Dulce
- 2 tbsp Granolaoptional
- Half Mangooptional
Does your mornIng start with a smoothie? There are definitely smoothie- people and not so much smoothie people out there. I am somewhere in between. I like smoothies for breakfast once or twice a week. Why to start your day with a smoothie?
- Smoothies are light and easy to digest because you already broke the food apart, so you body won’t take too much energy to digest it. You are helping your body to save that energy for longer periods of time.
- You get a lot of fiber from fruits and vegetables, which again contributes to an optimal digestion;
- Smoothies are vitamin boost! They are packed with essential nutrients, because you get everything fresh without thermic processing.
- They are great, if you has a heavy dinner and still feel a bit heavy in the morning, a smoothie will lighten things up 😉
What do I put in my smoothie bowl?
I often experiment with different fruits and vegetables to make a good combo. This smoothie I have made with banana, avocado, blueberries, homemade almond milk + barley grass and dulce. I have chosen these ingredients, not only because they are delicious, but also because they are rich in nutrients.
The Nutrients in my smoothie bowl
Banana : Potassium, Vitamins B6, C, Antioxidants- Dopamine and Catechin.
Avocado: Vitamin K, C, E, B5, B6, Folate, Omega 3 and also Potassium and antioxidants.
Blueberries are super food, rich in Vitamins C, K , Magnesium, Flavonoids and other antioxidants.
Barley grass: vitamins Beta- Carotene, C, B1, B2, B6, B12!!!! Chlorophyll, Flavonoids again, Protein ( Amino acids), Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, also also lutheine and folate.
Dulce : Iodine, Vitamin A and B6, Iron and Potassium. Anthony William recommends to use exactly the Atlantic Dulce, I find them all good, as long as they are organic, but I have found the Atlantic ones on Amazon too.
I have found a great organic high quality Barley Grass and Dulce powders on Amazon in the US and UK, links below:
Add all the ingredients in a high speed blender
Blend well to reach the desired consistency
Top with fresh mango/nuts/seeds/ granola