Healthy Sweet Potato filled with Garbanzo Beans and Tahini Sauce
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and it is so flavourful and sweet with fresh herbs and a garlic kick to it! Sweet potato is a great source of the essential nutrients and carbohydrates combined with chickpeas, and you get your carbs and protein in one meal. Moreover, sweet potato and chickpeas feed the good gut bacteria and improve digestion.
This dish is good for:
- Fitness athletes
- Sweet food lovers
- Garlic lovers
- Busy vegans
What do I need?
For 2 portions:
- 1 large sweet potato;
- 200 g. of cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 garlic glove
- Fresh parsley/ baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tahini paste;
- Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Preheat the oven for 200 C;
- Cut the sweet potato lengthwise and brush with olive oil (optional);
- Bake the potato halves until soft (30-40 minutes)
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and scoop middle fresh so, but leave enough on the sides so that the potatoes can preserve its shape;
- Mash the potato flesh in a bowl with a fork;
- Add the garbanzo beans, pressed garlic and fresh chopped parsley or spinach into a bowl,
- Mix all the ingredients together and lay over the potatoes.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of tahini with a juice of half a lemon or 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, add some water if it is too think.
- pour the sauce over the potatoes or serve on the side.