Gluten-Free Rice Noodle Curry
A Wonderful, satisfying and flavorful dish for a nice cozy dinner.
This dish brings out vegetable flavours very well. Rice noodles is a great gluten-free option for Asian curry dishes because they are neutral. You could use soba noodles here too, but then the strong buckwheat flavour takes a lot on itself. That is why rice noodles make this dish lighter and infuse curry spice. There are different kinds of rice noodles on the market, I recommend using the thick wide ones, they are silky and combine well with all that hard textured veggies like cauliflower and carrots.
This is an under 25 minute-dish, It is perfect for a quick lunch, when you don’t have the time, but want to have a proper meal, instead of just a sandwich.
Here are my choice of organic rice noodles in the US and UK amazon:
What do I need?
For 4 portions:
- 400 gr. rice noodles
- 2 lage carrots
- 1 large red onion
- fresh or dried shiitake mushrooms
- 300 gr. cauliflower
- curry powder
- 200 ml. full fat coconut milk
- fresh ginger
- 3 garlic gloves
How long does it take?
4-6 minutes to soak the noodles in a hot water 20 minutes to make the curry
- Saute finely chopped garlic and ginger in a pan
- Add the rest of the vegetables cut into stripes and the cauliflower divided into florets
- Sautee all together for about 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and 3 tbsp. of curry powder
- Stir and bring it to a boil
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until the prefered softness is achieved
- Turn off the heat
- After soaking the noodles in the hot water for 5 minutes rinse them
- Add the rinsed noodles to the curry and mix well
- Add spring onions for garnish.